Freitag, 7. November 2014

Halloween cat/ how my stamping changed over the years

Well, Halloween is already over but I want to show you another card I made this year:

I used another stamp of the cute Lawn Fawn Halloween set, this time I choose the small cat, the hat and matching dies:

Supplies:
Stamps: Lawn Fawn
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Grape Jelly
Dies: Lawn Fawn
Paper: Papyrus
Alcohol markers: Delta Markers by Rotbart (coloured ones), Trias by Pantone (grey & black)
Miscelleaneous: Diamensionals, snail adhesive
 
And then I realized how much my stamping has changed over the years. I am more and more into the clean and simple style, lots of white spaces and less or none embellishments.

For example. this is a card I made two years ago (?) for Halloween:



Supplies:
Stamps: Magnolia
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Brilliance Lightening Black (Spiderweb on the black cardstock), Distress inks (for colouring the image)
Dies/Punches: Stampin Up, Quickutz, Spellbinders
Paper: Canson & different out of my stash
Miscelleaneous: Embossing folder, scissors, glue


And this card is even older, I made it in my beginning of stamping




Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black (cat), unknown (Halloween sentiment)
Ink: Clearsnap Embossing Black

Paper: different out of my stash
Miscelleaneous: scissors, glue, napkin, Eyelets, markers, black embossing powder, heat gun


I used a piece of matching napkin as a background. Love this technique (easy to make fast backgrounds) but as it is a "No-Go" at the stamping scene I usually avoid sending cards with napkin backgrounds to others stampers.

Used some Eyelets to attach the stamped sentiment on the card.

Eyelets are one of the things I used to use really a lot. But when I started to create "clean & simple" cards I thought they won't fit into the clean and simple category.

Do you have any suggestions for another use of these large box full of eyelets I have? Any comments are highly appreciated.

Have a great day, thanks for stopping by.

Sandra
(Sunny)





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...